The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ AutoTrace™ 280 Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE) instrument performs automated SPE of large-volume liquid samples for organic analysis. Liquid–liquid extractions that normally take long hours can be automated using a Dionex AutoTrace 280 SPE instrument. Extraction steps that normally require constant attention by chemists and technicians are performed automatically, and a Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument significantly reduces sample handling compared to techniques such as separatory funnel or vacuum manifold for SPE. The tedious and time-consuming steps of liquid-liquid extraction can be greatly decreased by automating the SPE steps of condition, load, rinse, and elute. The Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument offers a lower sample preparation cost-per-sample than other techniques by reducing solvent and labor cost by up to 90%.
- Extractions for liquid sample sizes of 20 mL–4 L
- Dramatic solvent reduction and reduced sample handling
- Wide range of applications
- Approved for use by many government agencies
The Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument provides solutions for many industries:
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PAHs and semi-volatiles
- Dioxins and furans
- Brominated flame retardants
- Urons (phenyl urea herbicides)
The Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument meets requirements for Solid-Phase Extraction for U.S. EPA 500 and 600 Method series.
Pharmaceutical and Natural Products
- Active ingredients in liquids
- Extractables in packaged water
- Extractables in drug delivery devices and packaging
Food and Beverage
- Vitamins and antibiotics
- Contaminants in bottled drinks
- Natural products
- Pesticides and herbicides in liquids
- Pesticide residues
- Herbal and dietary supplements
The AutoTrace 280 SPE instrument is a powerful, high-throughput workstation designed for automating solid-phase extraction (SPE). The AutoTrace workstation automates the cartridge or disk conditioning, sample loading, rinsing, and eluting steps for large volume aqueous solution extractions (20 mL to 4 L).
The SolEx™ family of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE) cartridges are designed for fast and easy pre-concentration of contaminants prior to analysis. SPE is one of the most important techniques for sample enrichment because it overcomes many of the disadvantages of liquid-liquid extraction.