The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ AutoTrace™ 280 Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE) instrument performs automated SPE of large-volume liquid samples for organic analysis. Liquid–liquid extractions that normally take long hours can be automated using a Dionex AutoTrace 280 SPE instrument. Extraction steps that normally require constant attention by chemists and technicians are performed automatically, and a Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument significantly reduces sample handling compared to techniques such as separatory funnel or vacuum manifold for SPE. The tedious and time-consuming steps of liquid-liquid extraction can be greatly decreased by automating the SPE steps of condition, load, rinse, and elute. The Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument offers a lower sample preparation cost-per-sample than other techniques by reducing solvent and labor cost by up to 90%.
- Extractions for liquid sample sizes of 20 mL–20 L
- Dramatic solvent reduction and reduced sample handling
- Wide range of applications
- Approved for use by many government agencies
The Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument provides solutions for many industries:
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PAHs and semi-volatiles
- Dioxins and furans
- Brominated flame retardants
- Urons (phenyl urea herbicides)
The Dionex AutoTrace 280 instrument meets requirements for Solid-Phase Extraction for U.S. EPA 500 and 600 Method series.
Pharmaceutical and Natural Products
- Active ingredients in liquids
- Extractables in packaged water
- Extractables in drug delivery devices and packaging
Food and Beverage
- Vitamins and antibiotics
- Contaminants in bottled drinks
- Natural products
- Pesticides and herbicides in liquids
- Pesticide residues
- Herbal and dietary supplements
The AutoTrace 280 SPE instrument is a powerful, high-throughput workstation designed for automating solid-phase extraction (SPE). The AutoTrace workstation automates the cartridge or disk conditioning, sample loading, rinsing, and eluting steps for large volume aqueous solution extractions (20 mL to 20 L).
The SolEx™ family of Solid-Phase Extraction (SPE) cartridges are designed for fast and easy pre-concentration of contaminants prior to analysis. SPE is one of the most important techniques for sample enrichment because it overcomes many of the disadvantages of liquid-liquid extraction.