Dionex ICS-4000 Capillary HPIC System
The Dionex ICS-4000 capillary HPIC™ system delivers best-in-class sensitivity, from routine analyses to your most demanding application challenges. The high-pressure capability brings a new level of resolution and speed to dedicated capillary ion chromatography, while integrated design of the Dionex ICS-4000 simplifies your workflow and increases your analytical efficiency and productivity.
Capillary IC provides 24/7 uptime so the system is always ready. The compact integrated system provides convenience and offers detection choices for application versatility.
Benefits of Capillary IC:
- Optimized separations for fast throughput
- High-pressure capability for high chromatographic resolution
- True on-request IC analysis for 24/7 uptime with no equilibration
- Small dead volumes for minimized peak dispersion and increased signal-to-noise ratio
- Reagent-Free™ (RFIC™) system operation for simplified analyses with increased reproducibility
- Integrated system with the performance and adaptability of a modular system
- Conductivity, electrochemical, and charge detection capabilities
- High performance system in a small footprint—occupies minimal bench space
Learn more about our latest advancements in IC, including Capillary IC, by visiting our Innovations in Ion Chromatography Resource Center.
Dionex ICS-4000 Features
- Single channel, integrated and compact design for dedicated analysis
- Capillary HPIC provides 24/7 uptime – so it’s always ready to generate results
- Configured for Reagent-Free IC for performance and Just Add Water simplicity
- The integrated IC Cube uses same consumables as the Dionex ICS-5000, so methods developed on the Dionex ICS-5000 can be transferred to the Dionex ICS-4000
- The active thermal control provides stability and reproducibility
- Detection options is a new feature for our integrated line
- Conductivity detection for the proven approach for the majority of IC applications
- Electrochemical detection for applications such as sugars, cyanide, reduced sulfur compounds, and more
- New charge detection for weakly dissociated ions
- Touch display for stand-alone control
- Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon 7.1 and 6.8 support for full system control and data processing
Versatile Detection Capabilities
The Dionex ICS-4000 Capillary HPIC system offers versatile detection options. The system can be configured with either a conductivity detector or electrochemical detector. The new charge detector can also be configured with the conductivity detector to provide a new, complimentary detection mode for weakly-dissociated ions.
CD Conductivity Detector
- Supports all IC applications with maximum range up to 15,000 μS
- Flow path optimized for capillary flow rates
- Industry leading suppressor technology
ED Electrochemical Detector
- Supports DC amperometry, pulsed amperometry, or integrated pulsed amperometry detection modes
- Innovative palladium hydrogen (PdH) reference electrode for superior reproducibility and increased lifetime
QD Charge Detector
- Improved linearity for weakly disassociated ions such as amines, organic acids, and silicate
- Provides an equivalent signal for all ions of the same concentration
- Used in combination with CD detection for peak purity and identification confirmation without additional calibration
Charge Detection (QD) is an exciting new detection technology for ion chromatography.
Analyte response is proportional to ion charge. Analyte current is measured at a fixed cell voltage and the analyte equivalents are detected. This provides the potential for universal calibration. You might not know the compound’s identity, but you can know its concentration.
Weakly dissociated analytes show an enhanced response and improved linearity when compared to conductivity detection. Example compounds include organic acids, ammonia, amines, silicate, and borate.
The cell is a separate membrane-based device that plugs directly into the supporting detector electronics.
Charge detection complements suppressed conductivity detection, providing additional information, and relying on the suppression step to isolate the analyte from background ions.
QD Charge Detector and cell mounted in the Dionex ICS-4000 system.
2013 R&D Magazine 100 Award Winner: Dionex ICS-4000 HPIC System
4um Capillary Columns Increase Resolution for Challenging Separations of Simple Sample Matrices
ICS-4000 Delivers Dedicated Capillary High-Pressure IC
ICS-4000 Capillary HPIC System Introduction at Pittcon 2012
|Dionex ICS-4000 Capillary HPIC Brochure|
|Carbohydrate Analysis with HPAE-PAD|
|Capillary Charge Detector Cell (QDC-300) Product Manual|
|Dionex ICS-4000 Ion Chromatography System Operator's Manual|
|Dionex ICS-4000 Ion Chromatography System Installation Instructions|
|Product Specification Sheets|
|Dionex ICS-4000 Capillary HPIC System Product Specifications|
|Benefits of Coupling IC with ICP-MS|
|Benefits of Using 4 μm Particle-Size Columns|
|Highlighted Capillary IC Applications|
|What is Capillary IC?|
|What is Charge Detection?|
|What is Eluent Generation?|