Titration IC System
Water analysis typically involves multiple steps, instruments, and workflows, as well as extensive calibrations. The METTLER TOLEDO titration system and liquid handler combined with two Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ion chromatography systems makes a fully automated water analysis system with single point control and unified, automatic data analysis and reporting. The system provides automated multilevel calibration for added convenience and simplicity, enabling flexible, reliable and secure analysis of a large number of samples.
Titration-IC systems provide fast, accurate determinations of sample pH, conductivity, and total alkalinity (m-values), simultaneously with IC analysis of standard anions and cations, total hardness (based on Mg2+ and Ca2+ amounts) and total ion balance. IC analysis is performed simultaneously with titration for a completed analytical procedure, in approximately 20 minutes. Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ Chromeleon™ Chromatography Data System Software integrates all results into a single convenient report.
The fully automated system measures sample conductivity and determines the best sample injection volume for ion chromatography analysis. The system can automatically dilute ion standards, removing the need for manual standards dilutions.
Properties and Concentrations Determined
|Carbonate hardness (m-value)||Nitrite||Magnesium|
Titration IC System Features
- Integrated system control– Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon Chromatography Data System Software is the one and only control interface for all determinations. This saves time and reduces errors by eliminating manual data transcription.
- Reliable sample and liquid handling for large sample series – Sample cross contamination is avoided thanks to air bubble separated rinsing of sample transfer lines. The titration vessel is cleaned using a proprietary rinse technique.
- Automatic selection of the correct sample loop size for IC – Pre-injection conductivity determination enables selection of the appropriate sized sample injection loop for anion analysis.
- Automated dilution of IC standards (anions and cations) – The Liquid Handler provides accurate and repeatable standard dilution for a fully automated IC calibration with just One Click®.
- Automated test routine of sensors – Sensor performance is automatically monitored for checks and maintenance prompts
- Integrated reporting – One report includes all direct sensor measurements, titration, chromatography,and ion balance in the Dionex Chromeleon™ software
- Extended IC data management software – Result plausibility check, audit trail, control charts and data export capabilities
- Reagent-Free™ Ion Chromatography systems with Eluent Regeneration – Optional RFIC-ER systems reduce the manual labor of IC to a minimum with regenerated eluents that can last up to 4 weeks. No system startup time is needed; results are obtained immediately. Eluent preparation time and costs are reduced proportionately.
- Global solution – Represented globally, know you are working with two established instrument manufacturers, Thermo Fisher Scientific and METTLER TOLEDO for harmonized installation and support