IonPac CS12 Column
The IonPac® CS12 is a high-capacity, cation-exchange column designed for the fast, isocratic separation of lithium, sodium, ammonium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium using methanesulfonic or sulfuric acid eluents in diverse sample matrices. The CS12A column provides improved performance and is the recommended column for inorganic cation analysis.
- Use the CS12 for fast analysis of the common inorganic cations.
- The CS12 column can be used for alkanolamines.
- The CS12A column provides improved performance for fast analysis of inorganic cations.
- Simplified Reagent-Free™ IC operation is provided by the EG40 or EG50 Eluent Generator, or the RFC-30 Controller, which requires only a deionized water source to produce methanesulfonic acid eluent.
- Sample matrices include environmental waters, power plant waters treated with ammonium, morpholine or ethanolamine, chemical additives, chemical process solutions, scrubber solutions, plating baths, and industrial solvents.
The CS12 is designed for fast, isocratic separation with suppressed conductivity detection. The common inorganic cations can easily be determined in diverse sample matrices, including drinking water, power plant waters, soil extracts, acid digests, chemical additives, chemical process solutions, scrubber solutions, and plating baths. Use the CS12A with the EG40 Eluent Generator or EG50 Eluent Generator for simplified methanesulfonic acid eluent preparation. Use the Cation Atlas® Electrolytic Suppressor, CAES®, (up to 25 µeq/column) with the CS12 column.
|IonPac CS12 Cation-Exchange Column Specifications|
|Dimensions||IonPac CS12 Analytical Column:|
2 × 250 mm and 4 × 250 mm
IonPac CG12 Guard Column:
2 × 50 mm and 4 × 50 mm
|Maximum operating pressure||4000 psi (27 MPa)|
|Mobile phase compatibility||Acidic eluents; 0–100% HPLC solvent compatible. Alcohols should be avoided.|
|Substrate characteristics||Bead Diameter: 8.0 µm|
Cross-Linking (%DVB): 55%
Macroporous Dimensions Pore Size: 60 Å
Surface Area: 300 m2/g
|Functional group characteristics||Ion-Exchange Group: Carboxylic acid|
Surface Characteristics: Hydrophobic
|Capacity||0.7 meq (2 × 250 mm analytical column)|
2.8 meq (4 × 250 mm analytical column)
|Column construction||PEEK with 10-32 threaded ferrule-style end fittings.|
All components are nonmetallic.
Fast Separation of Group I and II Cations and Ammonium on the IonPac® CS12.
Determination of Trace-Level Ammonium Using the IonPac® CS12.
|Product Data Sheets|
|IonPac CS12 Cation Exchange Column Data Sheet|
|IonPac CS12 Analytical Column Manual|
|AN 106: Ion Chromatography in the Pharmaceutical Industry|
|IonPac CS12 Analytical Column (2 x 250 mm)||044019|
|IonPac CS12 Analytical Column (4 x 250 mm)||044001|
|IonPac CG12 Guard Column (4 x 50 mm)||044002|
|IonPac CG12 Guard Column (2 x 50 mm)||044020|